Interesting Facts About Your Teeth
- People who drink three or more glasses of soda per day have 62 percent more fillings, tooth decay and tooth loss than those who don’t.
- 1938: When the first mass-produced toothbrush was made.
- The bristled toothbrush was manufactured in China in 1498. It used bristles from hogs, horses and badgers.
- People used twigs to brush their teeth before toothbrushes were invented.
- Oral cancer kills one American every hour.
- 85% Percentage of the United States population that suffers from periodontal gum disease.
- The world’s oldest known formula for toothpaste was used 1,500 years before Colgate began to market in 1873.
- The Romans used a mixture of bones, eggshells, oyster shells and honey to clean their teeth.
- 122 yards: The amount of floss that should be bought by each American per year.
- Gum (periodontal) disease affects your overall health.
- 18 yards: The amount of floss each American buys per year.
- Mummies have been found in Egypt with tooth fillings made of malachite and resin. Gold wire held loose teeth together.
- Most people spend 45-70 seconds brushing their teeth per day. The recommended amount is two to three minutes.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you and if we can be of service, or if you would like to request an appointment, please contact us by email.